Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Learning Tai Chi and Law

Today I once again had a rough start to the morning. I set out to meet up with a German girl also backpacking around the West, but after a series of missed busses, I had to give up. So I again decided to try to find that public art project. Well, i didnt find the art project (again...) but I did find an awesome guy with an incredible story.

As I was meandering around the park looking for this mysterious project, I saw a man doing what looked like weird yoga. I approached him, and he asked if I was interested. As I nodded he immediately explained he was practicing tai chi, and gave me a brief history, foregoing all introduction. Eventually I went through the forms with him.

What was more interesting is his life story he volunteered. After being an accountant, he went back to law school, and became a lawyer. However, when he opened his firm, he soon learned how corrupt the court is. Several lawyers he was working with asked him to join them and help with bribes. He refused, and earned the contempt of these corrupt lawyers. One in particular was a high profile lawyer he ended up against. After winning without a doubt due to a major blunder the lawyer made, he found out the lawyer later bribed the clerk to change the records. This allowed the lawyer to use a loophole in the court and get out of the whole case. However, when the Tai-Chi guy , Eric Siegfried, wrote the California Barr Association, nobody wanted to mess with the high profile lawyer. Sick of the corruption, Eric tried to find a jonb writing contracts. But the corrupt lawyers sabotaged his repuatation and references, because he tried to expose them in different papers. Without references or job, he now lives on the road. He says hes biding time until the lawyers become vulnerable enough that he can present a case against them without serious corruption ruining his chances of a fair trial. He says he has several suits against the state of California that would make him millions when the time is right. Awesome guy!
 
 
I'm still trying to arrange a way up to Montana. I'm supposed to meet someone tomorrow that might be my travel buddy up to the Rainbow Festival. We were supposed to meet tonight, but he went to the wrong Starbucks, so we'll see what happens. Peace

2 comments:

  1. Please call and give us updates on who, when, and where the next stop will be. Did you visit Aunt Sandy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and btw, Eric talked exactly like Leo off of That 70's Show, which I thought was hilariously awesome

    ReplyDelete