Thursday, June 20, 2013

Meeting more people

So yesterday was a nice relaxing day. While i am still trying to figure out my ride up north, I've just been hanging out and meeting a lot of people.

One person that I met was a youth pastor, originally from Arkansas, named Micheal. The way I met him was  kind of interesting. I went to get coffee with Marisa, and while we were there chatting, a dog walks by. So we brought him over and gave the owner a call. Then we went back to conversing. Meanwhile, Micheal comes out to greet the dog, and talks about how he used to work for a dog kennel. So we get to talking, and we discuss our experiences with religion in the bible belt. We talked for a while, and he was pretty cool guy.

After that I went down to a park to hear a jazz concert in the ampitheater. While there I met a man, also named Micheal. This guy was a homeless, disabled man. After joking with him some, He told me how he had a motorcycle accident, and suffered traumatic brain injury.When he asked me to help bend his wheelchair back into shape, I told him he might be able to get one from the salvation army. He then told me how the salvation army kicked him out on the street because he failed his drug test, which is weird to me, since the people on the drugs are probably the ones who need the most help... so much for the zero-tolerance policy. Anyway I chatted with him for little bit longer, then headed out.

Next I met a girl named Molly, who went to school in Boulder. Though I didn't talk with her long, she pretty much reaffirmed what I had been told about Boulder, It's a city of preppy, rich kids.

After that I met a man named Ray. Ray was from Colorado Springs, and had lived there for about 65 years. He told me how he met his father for the first time only two years ago.I told him about some of my experiences, and as I was about to go, he handed me a ten dollar bill, which was cool.

I then went back to Kim's. However this morning I woke up to a very depressing email. I missed a free ride to Montana, that went through at 3:30 A.M. Oh well, I know it will all work out!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you are meeting a variety of people as this is the real world. A person that has a true and good heart can be from any socioeconmic background. Continue to learn from your adventures. Hope you visit your Great Aunt before leaving.

    ReplyDelete