Wednesday, June 26, 2013

On the way to rainbow!!

I So yesterday I got all packed up for a week in the mountains when I got a response from Craigslist for a ride to rainbow. The two people were leaving today, but I accepted and met them at manitou with my pack



So as a maroon beat up Monte Carlo pulled up I met Keith and his wife Krishna rani and their baby. We also picked up a hippy dude named Rewolf and his dog dinkerton. So the first order of business was to figure out how 4 adults, a baby, a dog, and everyone's gear was going to fit into what became a sardine can. We ended up tying a bike rack to the back and putting rewolfs packs, two gas jugs, and a water jug on the back.
Next order of business was to accumulate some cash. While I ran into Walmart to get a gas can, Keith and rewolf held signs in the road median asking for money. Together they accumulated a whopping $2 before the cops ran us off. It was getting dark, so we decided to camp in the national park and try the next day. 

After a drive up a windy gravel road and the bike rack bouncing around on the back of our crammed sedan, we found a campsite with a gorgeous view, and I set up my tent hammock. Though it was a chilly night the view in the morning was totally worth it

So now were heading to Denver and going to try flying signs and gas jugging ( going to gas stations with gas cans and asking people to put some in)

No comments:

Post a Comment